School Friends Program
The Shrine invites the school community to make a connection during the Centenary of Anzac commemorations. The School Friends program enables schools to support the Shrine in honouring the service and sacrifice of Victorian and Australian service men and women.
In recognition of three outstanding individuals of the Victorian education fraternity who participated in the First World War, the School Friends program names each level in their honour.
In achieving each fund raising contribution level, recognition for schools will include:
Beryl Kaighin – $1,000 A framed certificate of appreciation for display at your school
Albert Sullivan – $4,000 A unique Lone Pine plaque for display at your school
Norman Heathcote – $10,000 Your school name plaque on a Shrine Auditorium seat for 10 years
All School Friends will receive:
- A book for the school library A Place to Remember – A History of the Shrine of Remembrance, by Historian Bruce Scates
- Invitation for a school representative to attend Friends-only events
- 10% discount on school purchases from the Shrine shop
- 10% discount on tickets for a school representative and a guest to the Shrine Annual Dinner
- Publish a school story on the Shrine website and in the Shrine e-newsletter
Register your school
For further information and activities related to the experiences of all types of Australian schools that existed during the Great War, visit 'Schooling, Service and the Great War' (primary school version or secondary school version) available through the Department of Veteran's Affairs Anzac Portal: Anzac Portal